Monday, October 4, 2010
Fall Color: Fruiting Shrubs - Ilex x meserveae (Holly)
Meserve Hybrid Holly
Ilex x meserveae
Hardiness Zone: 5 - 8
Mature Height: 6-8 Feet
Mature Width: 6-8 Feet
Lustrous, blue-green, evergreen foliage all year; stems are reddish purple; bright red fruit on female plants.Prefers full sun to partial shade; moist, well-drained soil is best.
* 'Blue Boy' - 10-15 feet tall; dark green leaves (male).
* 'Blue Girl' - 8-10 feet tall, dark green foliage and bright red fruit (female).
* 'Blue Prince' - 8 inches-2 feet tall, and very dense, with dark green foliage, very cold hardy, (male).
* 'Blue Princess' - 15 feet tall, dark blue green foliage and an abundance of red fruit (female).
* 'Mesdob' (China Boy®)- 10 feet tall, good cold hardiness, (male).
* 'Mesid' (Blue Maid®)- 15 feet tall, red fruits (female).
* 'Mesog' (China Girl®)- 10 feet tall , green foliage and abundant red fruit (female).
Mature Form: Rounded
Native To: Of hybrid origin
Soil condition: Moist Well-Drained